Sunday, July 21, 2013

FL Studio Export Issues

FL (Fruity Loops) Studio is a great, powerful program that is a favorite among producers, but like other programs you may experience some issues or glitches, which is, of course, a given considering that anything mechanical or electronic may have it's "malfunctions" or so to speak.

In this case it would be the export function. When I was finished remastering my "Old Style" beat, I exported it. Then, I listened to the newly exported MP3 to check for any errors and noticed that the fast 3 step hats in the 2nd/3rd chorus were missing. So I re-exported it thinking that would fix it and it still wasn't there. I checked the volumes, even increased volume just in case that was the issue. Nothing worked and I was left scratching my head.

I did some research and it seems to be a bit of a common problem with the program, but I couldn't really find any simple answers to the problem. Frustrated and impatient, I decided to take my own approach and I ended up figuring out for myself a very simple solution for this problem which should work for everyone else as well, regardless of if it's just a volume issue with an instrument/track or if the whole instrument is missing entirely, like in my case.

All you have to do is right-click the channel, scroll down and select "insert" and pretty much create a new channel exactly the same as the one you're having issues with. (Example: if your channel is an Autogun, create another Autogun.)

Next you, again, right-click the channel you're having the issue with. Select Edit > Copy and then paste the notes from the issue channel into your newly inserted duplicate. Make sure the instrument selection is the same, if not similar. Delete the channel you had issues with.

From here you make all your necessary adjustments like volumes and/or effects that you had placed on your now deleted track, then export MP3.

In short, all you're doing is replacing the track with a new one, which I guess kind of "refreshes" the data of the song you're making in the program.

I hope these tips have helped. Happy producing!

No comments:

Post a Comment